Monday, 31 March 2014

Expectations and hopes for Critical Literacy




          “Critical Literacy is learning to read and write as part of the process of becoming conscious of one’s experience as historically constructed within specific power relations” (Anderson & Irvine, 1993). This is the definition of Critical Literacy that I found in internet in my first Critical Literacy’s class. Based on the definition, I can make an assumption that this subject really need 100 percent focus in class. Most of the seniors told me that this subject is hard to score and need to put all of our efforts on it. To make it sure, I ask for my mentor’s opinion and he said all of that is just a rumors and a lot of students can do well in this subject.
           At the beginning, my perception towards Critical Literacy subject was moderate. Three weeks past and I've learned this subject deeper and it change my perception towards this subject from good to bad. Rule of 10 is one of the critical parts in this subject. I’m having difficulties to understand this topic. Consultation and exercise have being done but nothing works. I still have a blur vision about the topic as it makes me feel give up at some point. I hope by learning it more, I can have a better understanding about this subject as I know this subject teach us how to be a good thinker in our daily life. In addition, I hope at the end of this semester I’ll be able to practice it in my daily life well and manage to change my perception towards this subject as soon as possible.




No comments:

Post a Comment